- Posted by Haroun Arif
- On January 22, 2020
Brother offers a wide range of printers with specified features for both professional and personal use. Out of these, their series of laserjet printers are the most popular ones used widely throughout the world. Similar to other printers, while working on your Brother printer for a long time, you might experience various problems and error codes in it. Hence, it is necessary to service your printer from time to time to avoid sudden problems in your printer. If you are looking for the best Brother Printer Repair Dubai, then go through this blog.
Some Common Brother Printer Problems and Solutions:
Here are some common problems that you may experience while working with your Brother printer. Go through this section to learn about the solutions to overcome these problems as well.
1. Quick Checkup
In the case of most printer problems, you can perform a quick checkup. It may help to get your printer back in working condition again. However, it may vary from case to case.
Physical Examination of Brother Printer
Make sure that your Brother printer is properly turned on. Also, ensure that there is no physical damage to its power cables or connector cables. You can also perform the following steps to perform a hard reset of the device.
- Turn off the Brother printer and disconnect it from the power source.
- Next, press and hold the power button to flush out the remaining electricity from the capacitors.
- After that, wait for a few minutes before connecting the printer once again. Thereafter, turn on the printer and check if the problem has been resolved.
You can take your printer to our brother printer repair dubai if there are any physical damages to the printer or cables. We offer professional services at pocket-friendly prices. Moreover, we will use only genuine parts from Brother.
Reinstall Ink Cartridges
Sometimes, your Brother printer may not print any documents if the ink cartridges are misaligned. Hence, you need to reinstall them in their place before trying again. To do this, go through the following steps.
- Open the front panel of the printer and wait for the ink cartridge to come in its central position.
- Carefully, take out the ink cartridge and wait for a few minutes.
- Thereafter, place the ink cartridge in its place. Make sure that you hear a ‘click’ sound. This will denote that the cartridge has been locked in its place. After that, close the lid and check if the problem has been resolved.
Here at Brother printer repair Dubai, you can get genuine ink cartridges for your printer. You can also get your old cartridge cleaned and refilled at our site.
Check if the Printer is Successfully Connected with the Computer
The next thing to perform is to check if the printer’s connection has been successfully established with the computer. For this, you can try to connect the printer to a different USB port or with a different cable. Additionally, you can reinstall the printer driver by following the given steps.
- Press the Windows logo button along with the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Next, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press Enter.
- From the list of applications, find and select the Brother Printer driver. Right-click on it and select the Uninstall option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove it from your system.
- After that, open any web browser and visit the official website of Brother. Head over to Drivers and Downloads and enter your printer’s model number.
- Choose your operating system and download the printer driver. Run it as an Administrator and follow the steps to install it in your system.
Lastly, check if a proper connection has been established or not.
Set Brother Printer as Default Printer
Generally, the Brother printer may not print any documents if it has not been set as the default printer. Therefore, you need to go through the following section to do so.
- Press the Windows logo button on your keyboard to open the Start menu. There, type ‘printers’ and press Enter.
- Head over to the printers section and find your Brother printer. Next, right-click on the device and choose ‘Set as Default Printer’.
- Save your settings and exit from the window. Now, check whether you are able to print normally or not.
2. Paper Jam
A paper jam is the most common problem faced by any brand of printer. However, you can easily get rid of this problem by following the given instructions.
- Turn off your printer and disconnect it from the power supply. Thereafter, open the front lid of your brother printer.
- Next, pull the paper towards you very slowly and carefully. Make sure that it does not tear or else it will create further problems.
- Lastly, check for any paper pieces in the printhead area and remove them accordingly. Reconnect your printer and turn it on. Try to print a test page to check if the problem has been resolved.
Note – You may have to disassemble your printer if the printhead area is stuck with tiny bits and pieces of paper. For this, it is recommended to take your printer to our brother printer repair Dubai. Our team of professionals will make sure that there are no paper and debris blocking the device.
3. Brother Printer not Printing Correctly
Generally, you have to service your Brother printer on a periodical basis. It can stop printing documents if the printhead area becomes dirty. Thus, follow the steps given below to perform a quick cleanup of the device.
- Turn off your Brother printer and disconnect it from the power supply. Next, open the printer’s lid and check for any visible objects blocking the printhead area.
- Accordingly, take a dry cloth or a cotton swab and clean off the dirt and other particles.
- Next, dip the cloth or swab in some distilled water or isopropyl alcohol. Use it to clean the printer thoroughly.
- Take out the ink cartridges and clean the printhead as well.
- Lastly, reassemble your Brother printer and connect it to the power source. Turn on your printer and try to print a test page. Check if the problem has been resolved or not.
As the best brother printer repair Dubai, we offer extraordinary printer cleaning services with professional tools. We will make sure that your Brother printer is serviced inside and out.
4. Low Ink Warning
To begin with, you should always use original and genuine Brother ink cartridges. In case of low ink alerts, consider replacing it with a new one. Alternatively, you can refill it as well. However, you need to do so from a proper service center. Our Brother Printer Repair Dubai include cartridge cleaning and refilling. However, you can only refill your Brother ink cartridge for a certain number of times. Make sure that you replace the ink cartridge within a year or so.
5. Other Problems
In case of other printer error codes and problems, you can try to fix it by resetting your printer. This can be done by applying the given below steps in the same manner as instructed.
- Turn off your printer and disconnect it from the power supply. Next, press and hold the power button to perform a power cycle. Thereafter, wait for a few minutes.
- Then, reconnect the printer to the power supply. After that, press and hold the Go button on your Brother printer. Subsequently, press the Power button to turn the printer on without letting go of the button.
- Next, press the Go button for another ten times when the three lights appear at the same time. Now, the printer will begin the reset process.
The lights will blink a few times before the Ready light turns on. Then, print a test page to check if the problem has been fixed or not.
As one of the best Brother Printer Repair Dubai, we regularly deal with all kinds of printer issues. Our team of expert technicians is highly trained and professional. Therefore, they will be able to resolve any types of printing problems, clean the ink cartridge and refill it at pocket-friendly rates.