- Posted by Haroun Arif
- On March 5, 2020
Now almost every company, small or large, uses Wi-fi router to get a strong network connection. Taking note of this, there are several brands of router now available in the market. Amongst all, the brand Dlink router is one of the best ones which is known for its high speed, solid parental controls, malware protection capabilities, useful management settings and many more. The most important factor is that these routers are budget-friendly.
But as there are many advantages of using a D-link router, you can find several disadvantages as well. Through your weak password, hackers can easily hack your system and steal your important files and documents. That is why change WiFi Password of Dlink router is essential. Therefore not only you can secure your network but also can reduce the risk of various threats.
Reasons for Changing WiFi Password for your D-Link Router:
Almost every router has a default or in-built password that has been given by their manufacturers. Anyone can easily guess this password and hack your router to fulfil their illegal activities. That is why you are always recommended to change this password as soon as you purchase the router.
For almost everyone, their house is the most precious property, similarly, important information and data that you have are also useful for you. Both of these require security. So in order to secure your home, you lock your house so that no one can get inside your house without your consent. The same way you need to lock your router so that no one access to your router and change its settings. However, by frequently changing the password of your router, you will be able to make your router as well as the network safe.
Easy Methods to Change the Wi-Fi Password on Your D-Link Router:
Here in this section, we are going to describe the methods through which you can easily change the WiFi Password of your D-Link router. Here, we have also highlighted some models of the D-Link router that is commonly used by the users. In case you are using any of these routers and do not know how to change their WiFi password, then check out the methods that are described below.
Log in to Router’s Log-in Page
If any case you forget the password of your D-Link router then you will not be able to access the router’s page. To get back your password you can do a factory reset and create a new password. To reset your router, check the backside of your router and take the initiative by pressing and holding the tiny reset button for a few seconds. Once you notice that the lights are blinking, it means the factory reset process has started. After completing the reset process, now perform the following:
- Open your favourite browser
- In the address bar, type the IP address of your D-Link router
- Now, type the login credentials to the respective fields and login to the configuration page.
Steps for Changing D-Link Wireless Password:
- Launch your favourite Internet browser
- Open the admin page of your D-link router by entering the default address of your router.
- Enter the below-mentioned Username and Password in the respective fields.
- Go to the top of the page and choose the Wireless tab option.
- Now, navigate to the Wireless Security Mode and enable the WPA 2 option. This will then help you to get a secure network connection.
- Hit the Passphrase field and enter your new password.
- To confirm, re-enter the password in the Confirm Pass Phrase field.
- Then, hit the Save Settings option to save the changes.
Change the WiFi Password on Your D-Link Router:
To change the WiFi password there are a few steps that you need to follow-
1. Get Your D-Link Router’s IP Address
If you want to change your WiFi password, then you would require your D-Link router’s IP address that you can encounter on your computer.
- So if you are using MAC operating system, then open your Apple menu on the Dock
- Click on the System Preferences option
- Choose the Network option
- Select the active network connection
- Hit the Advanced button and choose the TCP/IP tab. Here you can take a note of your IP address. So copy it on a notepad.
2. Launch Your Browser
- Once you get your IP address, now open your desirable browser
- Type the router’s IP address in the address bar of your browser
- Once you notice the router’s admin page, type your Login Credentials
- Enter the default username name as admin and make the password field empty
- You can also type admin in both the fields or check the router’s manual to get your default login information. In case, it does not work then perform a Factory reset.
3. Change the Password
- On the router’s configuration page, go to the left side and choose the Setup tab.
- Select the Wireless Settings option.
- Next, go to the Security Mode and select Wireless Security.
- Search for the Pre-shared Key text-field and choose this option.
- Create your new password and re-enter it in the Passphrase field.
- Hit the Save Settings icon and save the new password.
- These steps will change the WiFi password of your router. Now, you can use this new password to connect all the devices that were disconnected before from your router.
Change the Wi-Fi Password: DLink Router DIR-600
In case you are using DLink Router DIR-600, then check out the following steps to change the Wi-Fi password.
- First, find out the IP address of your D-Link router DIR-600. So you can either get in the router’s manual or in the Network Sharing centre of your computer.
- Launch any browser of your choice and type the IP address in the address bar.
- Once you see the router’s configuration page, enter the default Username and Password in the respective fields.
- Go to the left side and tab Wireless Settings option.
- At the bottom of the page, you will see the Manual Wireless Network Setup option. Click on that option to modify the settings.
- Change the settings if required or else leave as it is.
- In the Network Key text field, type your new password. Make sure the password is strong enough as you might have to use it in Encryption technique.
- Click on the Save button and it will then change your router’s WiFi password.
Modify WiFi Password in DLink Router DIR-803
Follow the below-mentioned steps and change the Wi-Fi password of your D-Link router DIR-803
- Get your router’s IP address from the router’s manual or from your computer’s Network sharing centre.
- Open any browser and enter the router’s IP address.
- Type your Username & Password as admin.
- Once you log in, you will notice the homepage of your router.
- On the left-hand side of the page, you will see the Wireless option.
- From the left-sidebar, choose the wlan2 option and then choose the Basic Settings option at the bottom.
- Configure the Service Set Identifier that performs as the network identification.
- Select the Channel Number either 1 or 6 or 11.
- Next, navigate to the left side of the page and hit the Security option.
- Tapon the Select SSID drop-down menu and choose the one which you have built now.
- Configure the Encryption as WPA2 to create a strong network.
- Set the Authentication mode as Personal and WPA2 Cipher Suite to AES.
- Choose Passphrase as the Pre-Shared Key format.
- Now, configure the Pre-Shared Key that will be your password
- Recheck all the details and choose the Apply Changes option.
Hopefully, the aforementioned information will help you to change the WiFi password of your D-Link router. All the steps are written in a simple language that you can easily apply to change your D-link router’s WiFi password.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I change my home Wifi? How often?
Yes, you should change your home Wifi once every three months. This will make your network safe and secure. Not only that, but you can also find your WiFi is working faster without getting any interruption.
- How can I get my WiFi password?
If you are using a Windows computer, then you have to follow these below-mentioned steps-
- Go to the context menu on your Windows 10 and tap Open Network & Internet Settings option.
- On the Setting windows, go to the bottom and click the Network and Sharing centre
- Choose the name of the current WiFi connection.
- Once you notice the WiFi status Window, hit the Wireless Properties button at the bottom.
- In the Wireless Network Properties window, go to the Security tab and under Network Security key, give a tick mark next to the Show characters box.
- Can I change my WiFi network name and password through my phone?
Yes, you can change the WiFi network name and password by using your mobile phone. But for doing that, download some apps that will allow you to do so. There are different apps available on the internet.
- So, find a reliable one and download it on your mobile.
- Now through your router’s Wifi network, connect your mobile.
- Launch the app and type your router’s admin password and hit the Login button.
- Click on the WiFi option.
- On the WiFi page, type a new WiFi name and password.
- Go to the upper right corner and click on Save. This method will work for change WiFi Password of Dlink Router and also WiFi network.
Related post:- How To Change Etisalat Router Wifi Password