- Posted by Haroun Arif
- On February 20, 2020
If you use Google Chrome for browsing, then often you might come across a Confirm Form Resubmission pop-up dialog box. This dialog box comes up usually when you are trying to refresh a webpage or attempting to press the Back button.
This dialog box comes with an error message: ‘’Press The Reload Button To Resubmit The Data Needed To Load The Page.” However, many users have no clear idea about what this is and why it appears so frequently.
Most users believe that the Confirm Form Resubmission is an error. However, in reality, it is actually one of the features of Google Chrome. The repeated appearance of this dialog box can be quite a frustrating experience for you. Thankfully, there are some smart solutions with which you can disable this pop-up.
Why Confirm Form Resubmission Pop-ups Appear?
According to reports, this pop-up is a result of a serious flaw in Google Chrome’s module that manages the forward or backward movement of the web pages. Microsoft introduced this feature on Google Chrome to let you prevent re-entering data after you have clicked on the Refresh button.
For example, you fill up a form and send it for submission, but you accidentally press the Refresh button before the server acknowledges the data. In such a situation, the Confirm Form Resubmission pops up. However, this pop-up comes up for the following reasons:
- One of the primary factors behind the frequent appearance of this pop-up is a weak and unstable Internet connection.
- You have either knowingly or unknowingly refreshed a particular form on the page.
- Moreover, this pop-up can come up if you accidentally press the Back button while the form is yet to be submitted.
How to Turn Off Confirm Form Resubmission Chrome Error?
Although this pop-up is harmless, it can be quite irritating and frustrating. This pop-up can frequently interrupt and interfere with your work. However, you can turn off this Chrome feature with a few simple troubleshooting solutions. Here’s what you must do in order to get rid of the Chrome Resubmission pop-up:
Hack 1: Check the Internet
As mentioned in the previous section, one of the major causes of this issue is an unstable and fluctuating Internet connection. Therefore, before going on to advanced solutions, you must perform a simple check of your Internet connection.
If you indeed have a troubled Internet connection, make sure to restart the router and the computer device. If the issue still exists, go on to the next solutions.
Hack 2: Reset the Settings of Chrome
One of the best ways to fix any issue with your web browser is to reset the browser settings. This will enable your browser to return back to its default settings. Resetting the Chrome browser setting can help you to successfully deal with frequent Form Resubmission pop-ups on Chrome.
Here’s what you have to do:
At first, launch the Google Chrome browser and then click on the three vertical dots located on the upper right-hand corner of the window. Thereafter, from the resulting drop-down list, choose the ‘Settings’ option.
Now, keep scrolling down until you find the ‘Show Advanced Settings’. Once you locate the option, click on it. Thereafter, look for the ‘Restore settings to their original defaults’ and click on it. After this, select the ‘Reset Settings’ option.
Finally, exit from the browser. Relaunch Google Chrome to check whether the pop-ups still appear or not.
Hack 3: Turn Off Corrupted Extensions
Chrome extensions often tend to get corrupted for some reason or the other. Such corrupt extensions are one of the major culprits behind repetitive Form Resubmission pop-ups. Disabling these Chrome extensions can help you to resolve the issue in question.
Follow these instructions to successfully turn off Google Chrome extensions:
- First of all, launch the Chrome browser on your device. Now, tap on the three vertical dots that are visible on the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Thereby, choose the ‘More Tools’ options and then select the ‘Extensions’ option.
- Now, look for the corrupted extension. Once you identify the corrupted ones, make sure to disable them. However, you must enable them later on.
- In the end, check if the dialog box is still visible.
If you are not able to resolve the issue with this solution, then you should move on to the next solution.
Hack 4: Delete Google Chrome Browsing Data
Your browser often stores data in order to help you with an improved browsing experience. This browsing data mostly includes your browser history, cached data, cookies, media licenses and many more. Removing this data can be an effective step to get rid of unnecessary Confirm Form Resubmission pop-ups. Follow these instructions to remove the browsing data from Chrome:
- Repeat the first step of the previous solution. Thereafter, click on the ‘More Tools’ option and choose the ‘Clear Browsing Data’ option from the list.
- Thereafter, select the ‘Advanced Tab’. Now, choose the type of data that you wish to remove from your browser.
- Thereafter, click on the ‘Clear Data’ option.
Once done, close the browser and relaunch it. Check whether the pop-ups still appear on the screen. In case you are still troubled by these unwanted pop-ups, then move on to further solutions.
Hack 5: Make Use of Google Chrome Properties
Another alternative method to turn off the form resubmission pop-ups is to make use of the Google Chrome Properties. Here’s what you must do:
- At first, right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut icon and then select the ‘Properties’ option.
- This will prompt a dialog box to appear on the screen. Look for a particular field named ‘Target’.
- Now, type this at the end of the previously written text within the ‘Target’ field: ‘–disable-prompt-on-repost’. Make sure to type the text in the field without the quotes.
- After this, replace the already existing text with the following URL: C:\Program Files(x86) \Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe”-disable-prompt-on-repost’’
- Thereafter, exit the browser and then relaunch it. Thereafter, make sure to verify whether the resubmission pop-ups still appear.
Note: If you wish to resolve the issue of resubmission pop-ups with this method, then you have two shortcuts of the browser. Among these two, one shortcut must be configured through the above-mentioned process. On the other hand, another shortcut must have all the default properties stored in them.
Hack 6: Delete ‘No-Store’
This is another alternative method to deal with form resubmission pop-ups. Sometimes the frequent pop-up issue takes place when there is some issue with the header of the form. To make sure whether the header is at fault or not, simply check if the header field has the following text in it: header(‘Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0’).
In case the header consists of this text, then you have to remove it accordingly. Follow these steps:
- Make sure to delete the words ‘No-store’ from the text within your header.
- Thereafter, refresh the page that contains the form in it.
- Finally, you have to re-enter in the form and then refresh the page to check if the pop-up is still visible or not.
To sum up, Confirm Form Resubmission error can be quite a frustrating issue. It can lead to unnecessary interference in your work. If you are wondering how to turn off confirm form resubmission Chrome error, then you need not worry.
To resolve this issue, you can follow the solutions that we have provided in the previous sections. If you have any suggestions or feedback, do let us know in the comment section.