Learn How to Connect a JBL Bluetooth Speaker to Your Phone or Other Devices
- Posted by Haroun Arif
- On February 14, 2020
When it comes to transferring data wirelessly between two devices, you can go for the in-built Bluetooth software. Bluetooth is one of the most widely used wireless technology in the world. Suppose you want to connect your phone to your headphones, media player or other peripherals. In that case, you can easily use the Bluetooth medium.
Despite being such a useful feature, the Bluetooth device can become a headache sometimes. Often, people report that they are having pairing issues while connecting a media player through Bluetooth. So, if you’re coming across this same problem, then this article will be helpful to you. Today, we will discuss how to connect JBL Bluetooth speaker correctly without any pairing problem. But before going into that part, let us see what are the reasons behind the common connectivity errors.
Why JBL Bluetooth Speaker won’t Connect to Your Device?
Are you facing pairing issues with your JBL Bluetooth speaker? If yes, then there can be a number of reasons for which this problem might arise. But with the right troubleshooting methods, you can quickly fix the connectivity issue of your JBL speaker.
Following are some of the most common reasons for which the JBL Bluetooth speaker is not pairing up with your phone or laptop:
- Your Bluetooth speaker might not be compatible with the other devices.
- If your Bluetooth devices are not placed close to each other, then there will be problems in connectivity.
- In case your Bluetooth speaker is not switched on or not connected to the power, then it may not properly pair up with your phone.
- If there are any potential interferences between both the devices, then you can’t connect JBL Bluetooth speaker properly.
Simple Tips to Resolve the JBL Bluetooth Speaker Connectivity Issues
If you’re having trouble while connecting the JBL speaker to your phone via Bluetooth, then you can try some of the easiest solutions to overcome the error. First, make sure that the Bluetooth is enabled both on your phone and speaker. Also, check whether the Bluetooth on your device is visible or not while pairing it up with the speaker.
Another major thing to keep in mind is that the two devices should be close enough to establish a proper Bluetooth connection. Most of the times, this becomes the obvious reasons for which you can’t connect JBL Bluetooth speaker.
If the problem still remains, then try turning off the device and again turn it back on. A soft reset can become handy while resolving such an issue sometimes. With phones, an easy way to do this is by enabling and then disabling the airplane mode. Charge up the phone that you want to connect with the JBL Bluetooth speaker because your phone might have turned off the Bluetooth due to low power.
In case of a laptop, you might have to update the Bluetooth driver on your device to avoid such errors. You can download the latest updates online and then install them on your laptop. If there is any interference like a Wi-Fi router near your Bluetooth device, then get it away from the router to avoid obstruction. You can also resolve this problem by clearing the Bluetooth cache on your smartphone and get a flawless connection.
How to Connect JBL Bluetooth Speaker Easily?
Now, we will move on to the process of how you can connect JBL Bluetooth speaker to your phone or laptop or any other device correctly. Go through the steps given below carefully:
1. Enable the JBL Speaker Pairing Mode
If you previously didn’t connect your JBL Bluetooth speaker, then it will automatically start up in pairing mode when you turn it on. While pressing the power button, you’ll notice the LED light is blinking on your speaker.
But if you had connected your device in the past, then you’ll need to manually set it in the pairing mode. To do that, you have to hold the Bluetooth button for about 3 seconds on your speaker until the LED flashes. You can find the Bluetooth button beside the power button option.
2. Locate Your JBL Bluetooth Speaker
If you want to connect JBL Bluetooth speaker to your Android phone, then follow the given instructions:
- Open the Settings option on your Android phone.
- In the Settings section, look for Bluetooth. Tap on it.
- Now, toggle on the Bluetooth option to turn it on.
- Then, click on the ‘Pair new device’ option.
- Wait until the Bluetooth name of your JBL speaker appears on your phone. When you see it, just select it, and your phone will be paired with your speaker.
If you’re an iPhone user, then go through the following steps to connect the Bluetooth speaker without any hassle:
- First, go to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Then, click on the Bluetooth option under the Connectivity section. You can even slide up the Control UI from your Home screen and directly select the Bluetooth.
- Now, turn on the toggle of the Bluetooth.
- Search for the name of your JBL speaker under the ‘Other Devices’ tab. When you find it, just tap it to pair successfully.
- For Mac users, first, go to the Apple menu on your device.
- Then, open the System Preferences under the Apple menu.
- Look for Bluetooth and click it to turn on.
- Now, you’ll see all the active Bluetooth devices on your Mac. Select the JBL Bluetooth speaker from the list and click on Connect.
For Windows 10
Open the ‘Bluetooth & other devices’ section under the System Settings. You can do that by clicking the Bluetooth button on the toolbar and selecting ‘Show Bluetooth devices’. Otherwise, if the Bluetooth is hidden, then you’ve to click on the upward arrow on the taskbar and then select the Bluetooth.
Choose the JBL device from the list when the ‘Add a device’ window appears on your screen. You can even search for Bluetooth in the Windows Search bar. Form the search results, go to ‘Bluetooth & other devices’ and turn on the Bluetooth. After that, click on “Add Bluetooth or other devices” and select your JBL Bluetooth speaker from the list.
When the pairing of your JBL speakers with your smartphone or laptop is done successfully, the LED on your speaker will stop blinking any further. And you’ll be able to hear an audio confirmation that the device has been connected properly.
0 comments on Learn How to Connect a JBL Bluetooth Speaker to Your Phone or Other Devices