- Posted by Haroun Arif
- On February 14, 2020
Know Every Detail About Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
The Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application has the reputation of slowing down the Operating System of computers. Several third-party antivirus suites have confirmed this program to be negatively affecting most Windows users.
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application was reported to slow down the performance of Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 by 70%. If you are experiencing the same performance issue, then know how to remove this program from your PC.
What Does Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Mean?
It is a scheduled task/application of the Windows Media Center. If you apply for Digital TV Tuner Device Registration, then you can directly watch premium digital cable channels directly on your computer. Only, you will need to have a cable TV connection at your home.
ehPrivJob.exe is the main process that supports the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration. The ‘Eh’ of ehPrivJob.exe is the abbreviation of eHome. ehPrivJob.exe stands for digital cable tuners attached to your computer.
Is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Safe for Users?
It won’t interfere with your security and affect the files saved on your computer. Even the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration process won’t cause any security issues.
However, you can remove this scheduled task from the standpoint of your system performance. It is assured that ehPrivJob.exe won’t take up to 70% of your system resources. Still, it has the potential to slow down the Operating System when you are using the TV tuning feature.
Note that ehprivJob.exe is most found to increase the bootup time for Operating Systems. However, once the startup sequence is over, the system performance won’t be affected by ehprivJob.exe.
Should I Remove Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
If ehPrivJob.exe is ideal, then it won’t use enough of your system resources. However, users have found ehPrivJob to consume excessive memory even when their computers did not use the tuning application. Thus, stay on the safe side by removing the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration from your computer.
We have found instances when ehPrivJob.exe becomes counter-productive for your computer. As a result, it creates and stores massive files on the SSD / HDD of your PC. Moreover, this process creates invalid registry entries that might be adverse for your system performance.
The activities you do on your computer determine whether you should remove the application or not. You should not remove this task if you use it for TV tuning purposes. Otherwise, the TV tuning feature won’t work and allow you to watch TV channels on your computer.
On the other hand, you need to remove the Digital TV Tuner application if TV tuning is not so important to you. In simple words, it is ideal to remove this task if it seems to consume a lot of your system resources.
Here is How to Check the Source of High Resource Usage on your System:
You must investigate whether Digital TV Tuner Device Registration is actually responsible for high resource usage or not. If this is not the actual reason, then it would be meaningless to remove it from your PC.
Thus, we would recommend you to use the Task Manager to pinpoint the processes consuming too much of system resources. You can thereby verify whether Digital TV Tuner Device Registration is one of them or not. To confirm this, go by the following steps stated hereunder:
- Click on the Start menu and open the Task Manager.
- If you do not find the Task Manager, then the ‘Ctrl + Shift + Esc key’ combination.
- Click the ‘Process’ tab and you will find an entry named Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application or ehprivjob.exe depending upon your Windows version.
- Note the memory consumption and CPU usage given next to this entry.
- Disable the application if the memory consumption exceeds 100 MB Memory and the overall CPU usage is more than 10%.
Methods to Remove the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application:
If you are confirmed that Digital TV Tuner Device Registration is responsible for slowing down your computer, then remove it by following the way discussed below:
Method 1: Use Built-in Windows Features
- Press the Windows key and ‘R’ at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ into the Run application and click ‘OK’ to access the Programs and Files screen.
- Check the left pane and click the ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ link to load the Windows media features menu.
- Click the arrow beside the Windows media features menu and uncheck the Windows Media Player and Media Features boxes in the drop-down menu.
- If a confirmation dialog box pops up, then click on ‘OK’ to proceed further.
- Finally, hit the ‘OK’ button once more to save the changes you have made.
Method 2: Use Resource Monitor
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application often appears as an error message on the computer. If this is the problem in your case, then check out the steps given below:
- Press ‘Ctrl, Shift, and Esc’ keys simultaneously to launch the Task Manager.
- You can alternatively, open the Task Manager by entering ‘taskmgr’ in the Run dialog box.
- As the Task Manager window opens, navigate to the ‘Performance’ tab and tap the ‘Open Resource Monitor’ button below.
- Look for the CPU, memory, and Disk sections and expand them.
- Next, select the process named ehprivjob.exe and click the ‘End Proces’ button.
- Make sure that you have successfully turned off the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application.
- If you want to end some more processes, then select them and click the ‘End Process’ button as well.
This method has proved to be 100% effective for uninstalling the application in question. So, let us check out the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Control Panel from the Windows search box.
- If you are a Windows 10 user, then right-click on the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click the ‘Programs and Features’ link to know the applications installed on your computer.
- Scroll down the list of applications and select Digital TV Tuner.
- You will find an ‘Uninstall’ button at the upper portion of the window. So, click on the button and follow the instructions that are appearing on your computer screen.
- After completing the above process, press the Windows key and R to open the Run application.
- Type ‘Regedit’ in the search field and click on ‘OK’ to access the Registry Editor window.
- Then navigate to the address: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ and locate the folder containing your digital TV tuner.
- Right-click on that folder and select the ‘Delete’ option from the context menu.
- As the new window appears, follow the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui.
- Press ‘Ctrl and Alt’ to select all the available entries and tap the ‘Delete’ button.
- Restart the system after finishing the entire process and see whether your computer performs better than before or not.
Hopefully, after going through the above section, now you have all the information regarding what is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application. What you need to do is follow the way we have mentioned to identify the source of high memory and CPU usage. Then determine whether you must uninstall this process from your computer or not. In this way, you can expect seamless performance from your system.