- Posted by Haroun Arif
- On December 28, 2018
Asus is one of the largest computer hardware companies that excel in manufacturing premium quality electronic products such as laptops, tablets, PCs, etc. With the use of advanced technology, the features that are offered by these products are unique and user-friendly. Asus tablet is one of its leading innovations. With a perfect blend of features, it has captured almost the whole market. But as every electronic device has certain flaws, so is the case with this device as well. Users are encountering a number of issues that are hampering their experience. One of the most commonly noticed errors is the Asus tablet touch screen not working. Nothing can be more annoying than when the touchpad of your tablet does not respond as you will not be able to perform any task.
To rectify this error, at first, you have to be aware of the probable factors that are responsible for this issue to occur. In this article, we are going to discuss all the possible reasons and solutions that will guide you in a better way to fix this problem. Hence, go through the article throughly.
Possible Reasons Why Asus Touch Screen Stopped Working
In a tablet, the touchscreen plays the primary role as a mode of communication between you and the applications. Therefore, any error with this touchscreen is just not acceptable. However, there are many reasons that are responsible for the Asus tablet touch screen not working. For example, sudden knocks on the device, scratches, water spill, etc. are some of the possible sources of the issue. Therefore, it is essential to take some preventive measures so that the error does not lead to any severe damage.
There are several things that you can do to avoid this issue. Such as trying to apply a screen protector, which is probably the easiest way to keep your screen guarded from injuries. Another good idea is to employ a case with a soft interior and avoid keeping pens near to the device. Be careful so that the device does not accidentally fall on hard surfaces. The scratches on your display are caused by even the tiniest bit of dirt, which results in a severe problem with the touchscreen’s responsiveness.
Effective Hacks to Eliminate Asus Tablet Touch Screen Not Working
If you are unaware of how to fix the touchscreen not responding issue, then try the smartest tips that are given below. However, taking a professional’s help will allow you to get the best Asus screen repair without any hassle.
Method 1: Make More Ram Available
One of the most effective processes to make your tablet screen responsiveness is by making more RAM available in the device. The Android users have an ample amount of options to make free space on tablets. For example, by clearing the app cache or by using any third-party applications. Memory issues can make your touchpad to respond very slowly. Therefore, the best option is to double-click on the Home button and then press and hold to the display the cross in the top-right corner of the screen.
Method 2: Restart Your Tablet
Restarting your Asus table is another option to fix the screen issues. Most of the applications will be closed soon after your restart the device. Here, restarting doesn’t indicate that you are just pressing the Power button to turn the screen off. Rather, it is all about making the device turn off and back on again.
Method 3: Realign The Display
The process basically involves removing the screen and replacing it back, so that you can get a better response from the touchscreen. Therefore, perform it carefully and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 4: Employ A Calibration Tool
Often, the calibration tool helps to fix the screen issues; hence, do the following:
In case you are an iPad user, there is no calibration tool available. But for those who use Android devices like Asus tablets, the version of the OS and the device depends. To find the calibration option, go to the Settings > Display but if none is apparent, select the TouchScreen Tune option to resolve many touchscreen issues.
All the above-mentioned tips are effective and hence will provide you with the most fruitful results. But in case you are still facing the touchscreen issues, then it is better to opt for a professional’s help. Any expert who is aware of the technicalities and functionalities of an Asus tablet can guide you with the best Asus screen repair.
Most Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do you fix an unresponsive touchscreen?
- Unplug your device after fully powering it down
- If your device is a phone, remove the SIM card and any memory cards
- If your device is a laptop or tablet, unplug peripherals like USB devices
- Test the operation of the touchscreen, after rebooting your device
- How do I unfreeze my Asus tablet?
At first, by pressing and holding the power button for +10sec, perform a soft reset. Post this, you can go for the hard reset. Doing so will delete all your files. Now, press and hold the Volume Down button and power on the phone. Then, you will be in the recovery mode.
- How do I reset my touchscreen?
- Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard.
- Enter Calibrate
- To highlight ‘Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input’ use the arrow keys, and then press the Enter key.
- Until the Reset button is selected press, the Tab key, and then, press the Enter key.
- How do I restart my Asus tablet?
- Power the Eee Pad off.
- On the left side of the device, press and hold the “Volume Down” button
- Then, press and hold the “Power” button.
- Until a green Android screen appears, continue to hold both the buttons
- In order to toggle the setting to “RECOVERY MODE“, use the volume button
- How do I unlock my Asus tablet screen?
- Turn your tablet off.
- To turn the tablet on, hold the Volume Up key
- You might notice a ‘No USB cable connected’ image.
- Hold the Volume Down key and press the Volume Up key.
- Navigate to ‘Factory reset’ using the Volume Down key.
- To select Factory reset, press the Power key.