- Posted by admin
- On November 7, 2019
Printers are indispensable electrical devices for our day-to-day work. They are smart devices that enable you to obtain hard copies of any electronic data. If you regularly use a printer at the office or at home, you must’ve encountered the ‘printer error state’ issue.
When your printer faces this error message it ceases to function at all. Your printer can show this error when the paper gets jammed, or the external cables are loosely attached. Low or insufficient ink in the cartridge is also associated with this error.
This issue occurs mostly after you get an update on your Windows 10 Operating System. You might need some basic technical knowledge to deal with this particular issue. So, if you’ve limited knowledge, it’s better to approach professional printer repair services.
However, this issue is quite frequent in many printers. Therefore, if you wish to resolve the problem by yourself, you can follow the solutions in this article.
Major Reasons that Triggers Printer Error State:
The first step to solving any technical error is to know the causes behind it. Knowledge of the factors behind a certain error helps you to better understand the issue. The ‘printer error state’ issue prevents your printer from receiving printer commands that you send.
So, before you proceed to the solutions for the printer error state, let’s have a look at the causes :
- The primary reason behind this error is a problem with your Operating System or some issue with the USB cable cord.
- Alternately, your printer can face this error due to technical snags with the wireless connectivity.
- A backdated printer driver can also potentially trigger printer error state.
- Malware or anti-virus can also be the cause of this issue.
- Last but not least, BIOS errors on your Windows device can bring about this error.
Possible Solutions to Fix the Printer Error State:
Having a non-functional printer can be a devastating experience. So much of our daily work depends on this small device. So, whenever you encounter any error that completely paralyzes your printer you must address it urgently.
Ideally, you need a professional printer repair service to resolve this error. However, if you wish to do it on your own, then go through the solutions that we have provided below:
Use the Troubleshooter
The first thing that you must try while fixing this error is to apply the Troubleshooter tool on your printer. Follow these instructions to use the Troubleshooter:
- At first, you need to check whether the printer is connected to the power source and is switched on. Also, see that the wireless connection or USB connections are intact and running properly.
- Now, download the printing troubleshooter and run the application.
Remove and Delete Print Spooler Files
Sometimes, the accumulated spooler files on your printer can obstruct future printing operations. So, it is important for you to remove these files from time to time. You can solve printer error state by clearing out the spooler files thereby resuming the spooler services.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to remove the spooler files:
- At first, you need to reach to this particular printer folder: C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers
- Once you reach here, make sure to delete this folder.
- Now, go to the following folder and delete the files present in it : C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86
- Finally, you have to restart the spooler and check if the problem still exists or not.
Restart the Devices
This might seem to you as a very simple solution. But it has proved to be quite an effective step for many users worldwide. It is the simplest solution that you can try out to deal with the printer error state issue.
All you need to do is to completely turn off your computer and printer and leave them undisturbed for some minutes. After some time, switch them on one after the other. In case the problem still exists, move on to the next solution.
Temporarily Disable the Security Software
Sometimes, the existing firewalls of your security applications can interfere with your printer’s functions. So, as a part of the solution, you can try disabling the firewall for some time.
However, if the issue still persists, you have to disable the security application momentarily. This might help you to get your printer back to business.
Update or Reinstall the Printer Driver
So you have carefully tried out all the above-mentioned solutions. But, sadly, none of them could successfully resolve the printer error. Printer drivers are the sophisticated components that control the printing functions of your printer.
Any damage or corruption in the driver can be bad news for you. Moreover, an outdated driver can be the root cause of many errors including this one.
Updating the Driver
The final resort for you to resolve the printer error state is to update the printer driver.
Follow the instructions below to successfully execute this solution:
There are two ways by which you can update the printer driver: automatically and manually.
- You can use your printer to automatically update fresh versions of your printer driver. If any new version is available, then your printer will notify you accordingly. Click on the particular version and download it on your printer.
- Another method is to manually download the new version. For this, you have to visit the official website of your printer manufacturer. Then search for a suitable driver for your model and download it.
- When the download is complete, carefully follow the instructions and install the new version.
Reinstall the Printer Driver
If you have a fresh version of the printer driver that is corrupted, you need to reinstall the driver. Before you begin, uninstall the existing corrupted driver and then download the driver software again.
You can download the driver software from the manufacturer’s website. For that, visit the manufacturer’s website and look for the driver of your printer model. Click on the driver to begin the download process. After downloading, follow the on-screen instructions and install the same on your printer.
When the installation is completed, restart the printer and check if the issue still exists.
To sum up, printer error state can be a serious issue that can potentially damage your work. The steps that we’ve provided here are simple, easy and highly effective. You can quickly solve the error if you carefully follow the solutions.
However, if the error still exists, then it is better to take professional help. We hope that this article will be helpful to you. We would love to receive any feedback or suggestion for this article. Do use the comment section to communicate with us.
Also read here- for complete Printer Repair Services in Dubai UAE