- Posted by Haroun Arif
- On March 26, 2020
Epson l355 is a multifunctional printer that you can use for various purposes. It has been designed with Micro Piezo print head technology and Epson genuine ink. Due to this, Epson l355 printer allows you to print high-quality documents of 5,760 x 1.440 DPI resolution. Even because of its compact design, this printer is easy to install and does not require much space at your workplace. For all of these reasons, the impressora Epson L355 printer has become one of the most popular brands among the users.
Know More About Epson l355
Epson l355 printer can be used for printing, scanning as well as for copying. Compared to the previous models, this printer is about 12% smaller. The best part is that this printer is worth your money as it has an ultra-low-cost per page.
So, if we talk about its speed, then this printer can print the documents faster up to 9 pages per minute in black and white and 4.5 pages per minute in colour mode. This printer supports various paper formats. Whether you want to print an A4, A5, A6 or B5, C6 or others, this printer is compatible for all.
Features of the Epson l355 Printer:
Let’s check out what are the features you can get in this Epson l355 printer.
- Printing Type-Colour Multifunctional
- Technology Used- Inkjet
- Other- Flatbed Colour Image Scanner, Portable Printer
- Connectivity-WiFi, USB
- Scanner Method- Scanning Capability(CIS), Scan File Formats-PDF, Optical Scan Resolution (1,200 dpi x 2.400 dpi (Horizontal x Vertical)
- Print Speed Black-33 PPM
- Print Speed Colour 15 PPM
- Power- AC 110 V – 240 V,50 Hz – 60 Hz
- Dimensions-472 x 300 x 145 mm (Width x Depth x Height)
- OS-MAC, Windows
Advantages of Epson l355 Printer:
There are multiple advantages of the l355 multifunction printer. Here here are the few ones-
- It is best known for its fast print time
- You will get accurate colours
- Wireless printing is available
- Easy to use and setup
- It has a good print resolution
- It does not consume much ink
Set Up Epson l355 Step By Step
Now that you know the features and specification of the Epson l355 printer, let’s see how you can set up this printer. As without setting up a printer correctly you won’t be able to avail of all the features. Here in this section, we are going to highlight some of the best ways that will make the setup process easier for you. So without wasting time, let’s begin the process.
1. Update Drivers of the Printer
Before you set up your l355 Epson printer, you need to update its driver if you have already installed one. The driver is the most important component that you would require for better performance and faster speed. That is why a regular update of your printer is necessary. Only then will your printer be up and running.
So, if you are using a Windows device, then you can easily update the driver of your Epson l355 printer by following the below-mentioned steps.
- First, look at your keyboard and then press and hold the Windows logo button and R at the same time. It will open a small Run window box.
- Next, type in the box “devmgmt.msc” and click on the OK button.
- On the Device Manager Window, search for the Epson printer.
- Then, right-click on the Epson printer and click on Update option from the menu list.
- Complete the update process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now reboot your system, once the update process completes and save the changes.
2. Install the Driver Printer
If you have not installed any printer driver on your computer, then check out the following steps and install the latest or compatible driver for your system.
- From the bottom corner of your screen, click on the start button.
- Choose Devices and then choose the Printers option.
- Click on Add Printer option.
- Click Add a Local Printer>Next from the Add printer dialogue box.
- Select a Printer Port either from the existing ports from the drop-down or the recommended one by your computer and then click on the Next option.
- Choose and add the driver that you have downloaded from the manufacturer’s website.
- Now give a printer name and click on Finish button.
- Finally, run a test print to confirm.
3. Activate File and Printer Sharing
Apart from downloading printer, activating file and printer sharing is another important step that most of the users forget about. That is why you might get connectivity and printing issues with your printer. So, if you want to avoid this issue then these are the following steps that need to follow.
- If you are a Windows user, then press Windows key and X from your keyboard.
- Click on the Control Panel option from the context menu.
- Next, go to the Network and Sharing Center section and double-click on it.
- Select Change Advanced Sharing Settings’ option>Domain option
- Search Turn on Network Discovery option in the Domain Area and give a tick mark next to its checkbox.
- Once you complete the activation process, close the window and continue with the Epson l355 printer setup process.
4. Perform Epson l355 Wi-Fi Set up for Windows
Once you download and install the driver and activate the file and printer sharing, your printer is ready for the setup. Hence, it is important to check the internet connection that you are using to keep your printer stable. Also, turn on the access point of your printer. Once you are done with all of that, then apply these steps.
- Turn on the Epson l355 printer.
- From the Control Panel on your Epson printer, hit the Setup icon.
- Go to the Network Settings option and then click on the OK button.
- On the window of Network Settings, search for the option called Wireless Setup.
- Navigate to the menu called Advanced Setup and hit OK option.
- Select the Manual setup option>Manual Wireless LAN setup option>OK.
- In case of connecting the l355 printer WiFi setup to a router, choose the Infrastructure Mode>Search for the SSID option. In case you do not turn on the access point, then you would not find this option on the Control panel.
- Select your network from the list and type a suitable password as well as the password of your access point and click OK.
- To complete the task, click on the OK button from the prompt window.
- Now, your Epson l355 printer is ready for the print as well as for the scan.
5. Epson l355 WiFi Setup for Mac Users
If you are a Mac user, then you need to follow different procedures to connect your Epson printer l355 to your Mac operating system. Here we are going to describe the process to connect your printer to your MacOs by using Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility tool.
- Navigate to the official website of the Epson.
- Search for the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility tool and run the tool by clicking on the Continue button and then press the Agree option.
- Click on the Install button followed by the Close button.
- Choose the product from the window and click Next. In case you do not find any window, then go to the Finder window>Applications
- Search your Epson software and double-click on the Epson Connect Printer Setup option.
- Select the Printer Registration menu and hit the Next button and then click OK.
- Give a check sign next to the statement of terms and conditions and proceed with the process by clicking on the OK button.
- If you want to open a new account, then you have to fill-up the form and select the Finish option.
- If you already have an account, then you can easily register your account by choosing the option “I already have an account” option.
- After registering your printer, add your printer and select the Add menu.
- Hit the Close button and complete the process.
Hopefully, this page has given you enough information about the Epson printer l355. All its useful features will help you to get a smooth and great experience. So if you are looking for a good printer that will provide you with a high-quality experience, then printer l355 will be the ideal option for you. So, use the above-mentioned steps and set up this printer to get the best result out of it. Visit Epson printer Repair for a technical solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the reset procedure of the l355 printer?
- Look at your keyboard and press the home button.
- Use the up or down button and first choose Setup followed by Maintenance and Reset ink.
- Hit any of the Start buttons and then click on the OK option.
- Now, hit the OK button once again.
- For highlighting the ink tank, use the right or left button and then click OK button.
- Continue with the same process for each ink tank colour.
- For resetting the ink levels, hit any of the start buttons
- Lastly, complete the process by clicking the OK button.
- Where do I find the reset button?
Usually, you can find the reset button on the right-hand side of your printer where the display screen is present. There is another place where you can get the reset button. Next to the button that you use to turn on and off your computer. This button can be named as Reset or Pause on the row of buttons on the Control panel.
- Can I solve my printer connection?
Yes, there are several methods that you should try to fix the connection of your printer. Though due to various reasons, you might not be able to connect your printer to your computer. But mostly it occurs if the USB cable gets damaged. So, if you are unable to connect your printer try out the following tips-
- You need to restart your printer
- Check the network connection
- Update your printer driver
- Identify other printer issues and resolve them
- Last but not the least reboot the print spooler service