- Posted by Haroun Arif
- On March 6, 2020
Microsoft released a series of touchscreen-based personal computers under the Surface version. These computers are powered with Microsoft Windows Operating System. The majority of the Surface lineup features Intel processors and supports Windows 10 Operating System. As of now, all Microsoft Surface products have been able to meet their customer requirements. Still, some problems have been reported to concern the users. You need to visit a Microsoft surface repair service center if any of these products are bothering you at the present.
Product List of Microsoft Surface:
However, some more products belong to the Microsoft Surface family including:
- Surface Pro- Surface Pro is a line of tablets containing an optional stylus pen and detachable keyboard accessories. It is the latest model under the Pro version of Microsoft Surface.
- Surface Book- It is a notebook whose screen can be detached for other requirements. It runs on Windows 10 OS but can be upgraded to Windows Pro if required. Therefore, you can use the stylus pen on the independently operable tablet screen.
- Surface Studio- It is an all-in-one desktop with a 28inch display. Hence, you can combine stylus and on-screen Surface Dial Support for transforming the Surface studio into a digital drafting table.
- Surface Hub- It is an interactive whiteboard with a touchscreen for collaboration.
- Surface Neo- This device comes with dual touchscreens each extending up to 9 inches. It runs on Windows 10X.
- Surface Duo- It also offers a dual touchscreen facility like Surface Neo. Only the screens are smaller in size so that users can easily use them as an Android phone.
Microsoft Surface Repair Services that You Can Obtain:
Users have reported encountering the following issues with their Surface products:
1. Microsoft Surface Not Switching on
We have explained the reasons and solutions separately for this problem.
Your Microsoft Surface won’t wake from sleep if it does not have sufficient charge. Your device might automatically turn off to prevent overheating issues. As a result, it refuses to turn on when the Power button is pressed. An older version of the Operating System might force your device to shut down. Broken power accessories are the last factor that might prevent the power supply to Microsoft Surface.
- First, check that your device is getting the desired power supply. Then, check the situation by connecting your Microsoft Surface to another power outlet. Next, test the charging cable on another laptop. A faulty charging cable won’t be able to charge another laptop as well.
- In case your device is overheated, then disconnect it from the power outlet and let it cool down. After waiting for a couple of minutes, reconnect the charging cable to your laptop and the electrical outlet. Then the laptop will easily turn on if the problem was related to overheating.
- Microsoft releases updates from time to time for improving device performance. So, if you forget to install these updates, then various problems might occur. Thus, you need to get the latest update for the Operating System installed on your device. To do so, go to Settings and click on the Update and security option. Next, select the Update option to look for the latest update. Then, download and install the update to fix the problem.
A repair service is the last option if none of the above solutions can fix this problem.
2. Microsoft Surface Not Charging
Here are the possible causes and solutions to fix charging issues.
A faulty charging cable or charging port is the primary reason for charging issues.
Try to resolve the problem by replacing the charging cable. It is not recommended to repair a faulty charging port on your own. Therefore, if nothing can resume the charging, then reach a service center to test your Surface battery.
3. Microsoft Surface Not Connecting to WiFi
Sometimes Microsoft Surface might fail to display the available WiFi networks. Even if you find a network, connectivity issues can occur at any time. Now, why such situations arise and how to overcome them are discussed below.
Incorrect WiFi settings might restrict your device from connecting to a wireless connection.
- Before moving ahead with other solutions, check WiFi settings on your Microsoft Surface. Therefore, open the Settings app and select the Settings tab. Navigate to the Network and Internet section and then select WiFi option. The WiFi must be enabled and Airplane mode must be disabled. Click the Internet icon in the taskbar and select Network and Sharing Centre. Select the WiFi network that you are trying to access and click WiFi Status. Next, select Wireless Properties and move to the Security tab. Check the Show Characters box to view the WiFi network’s password in the Network Security Key box.
- See whether another device that can connect to the same network or not. The connection will be possible if the problem lies with your device hardware.
- Go to Settings and reset the date and time manually. Then, click on the Start menu and choose the Restart option from the Power menu. Next, try to connect back to the same WiFi network.
- The network connection fails when your device tries to connect to an old network. So, open the Settings app and right-click on the old network in the list of available connections. Select the “Forget This Network option” and restart the system. The system will clear up the previous connections and display the latest connections. Select one of these connections and fix the problem effortlessly.
- Launch the Control Panel and click on the Network and Internet link. Scroll down to the Network and Sharing Centre and enter ‘Identify and repair network problems’ in the Windows search box. Now, select ‘Identify and repair network problems’ and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Microsoft Surface Unresponsive Screen
Since all products of Microsoft Surface offers the touchscreen facility, an unresponsive screen is not unusual. It is really troublesome when the screen fails to respond to your command. Therefore, such a problem must be addressed without wasting much time.
You might experience an unresponsive screen if too many apps are running in the background of your device. Compatibility problems can occur even after installing apps from third-party sources as well. Moreover, some apps like third-party antivirus software tend to affect the Surface screen.
- First, ensure that your device has a clean surface. If necessary, then clean the screen with a soft lint-free cloth.
- If you are running too many apps in the background of your device, then close them immediately.
- Try to identify whether you have installed any app from third-party sources or not. In case you have done such a thing, then uninstall them to test the screen.
- Moreover, uninstall the antivirus program if it is conflicting with the Operating System of your device.
- If the problem has started after an OS update, restore a previous version of the Operating System.
Avail professional help, if you can’t identify what is actually causing this problem.
5. Microsoft Surface Screen Replacement
Several surface users accidentally drop their device and damage the screen. When the screen gets broken, associated problems might pop up. Hence, there is no other way to overcome these problems rather than replacing the broken screen from a service center.
A screen replacement becomes necessary when the screen assembly gets broken. The situation might get worse if you continue to use the device in this condition. Therefore, get a new screen for your device and resume your pending work.
6. Microsoft Surface Not Working
You might observe that your Microsoft Surface is not performing as before. A slow performance indicates that something is wrong with your device. Sometimes, it becomes impossible to use Microsoft Surface as it gets stuck with a black screen.
Moreover, the keyboard attached to your Microsoft Surface might fail to respond to your input. Thus, you must know the possible factors that can lead to this problem.
In most of cases, software errors are found to be responsible for affecting the system performance. Whereas, hardware glitches such as faulty components also degrade the system performance in rare cases.
- Simply update the Operating System to rule out the probability of having software bugs.
- Next, run the built-in troubleshooter of the Operating System your device is running. If the problem is minor, then the troubleshooter will fix it within a few minutes.
- If the problem remains unfixed, then scan your device with antimalware. It will find out the malicious programs and remove them from your device.
- Make sure that your device does not have corrupted system files. To track and repair such files, simply search for the System File Checker tool available on your device.
- Disconnect all external accessories that are connected to your Microsoft Surface. Now, press down the Power button for 20 seconds to force shut down the system. Again, hold down the Power button until the Windows logo appears on your Surface screen.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How to Choose a Microsoft Surface near Me?
You can reach the repair center recommended by your friends or relatives. However, use the internet to look for nearby Microsoft Surface service centers. Then, visit their website and check the customer reviews. Connect with them and discuss your problem. If you are satisfied with the cost, then avail their service.
- How to Change Filtering Settings?
Mac Address Filtering is a way to fix WiFi issues before visiting a Microsoft Surface service center. To apply this option, disable Mac Filtering on your router and add the Mac address of your device to the authorized list of router. Open the Command Prompt window and enter ‘ipconfig /all’ in the command line. Find the Mac address for your Surface and include it in the router’s authorized list. Now, you can log in to your router and change its filtering settings.