- Posted by Haroun Arif
- On December 24, 2018
Get Hands-on Effective Methods to Fix Nespresso Pumping Problem and Make Your Device Run Error-Free
When it comes to coffee makers, Nespresso is the brand that most of the people prefer. When you first buy your brand-new Nespresso Vertuoline coffee machine, it’s outstanding in terms of performance. But if you have not used it for a long time and keep it like that, you might encounter issues with it. One of the most common issues that most of the users come across while using their Nespresso coffee machine is the Nespresso Vertuoline not pumping water after pressing the button. This problem might arise in any model of Nespresso such as Nespresso Inissia, Nespresso Lattissima, Nespresso Citiz and so on.
Probable causes behind the Nespresso Vertuoline not pumping water
If you find that by pressing the ‘On’ button, your Nespresso not pumping water, but you can hear the noise of the pump and the motor whirling inside, then this is a serious issue which needs to be taken care of at the earliest. This can be due to following reasons analyzed below:
The internal water pump is just air-locked
• There can be a problem with the water supply
• The electro-valve for water supply is not operating due to the accumulation of dust in it
• Due to operational problems of the group solenoid valve
• The group head of the coffee machine is blocked with scale
• There can be a problem with the pumps and pump heads
• The problem arises due to the lack of cleaning in the internal components of the machine.
Effective and Essential Tips for Maintaining the Nespresso Coffee Machine
For maintaining the smooth performance of the Nespresso coffee machine, you can follow these simple expert advice discussed below:
1. You should descale your machine after every 300 brews. The descaling process not only removes the calcium deposits from your coffee machine which is building inside it but also boosts its performance. You can either follow the videos online to know how to descale your machine, or you might also take help from the experts for exclusive Nespresso Repair.
- Due to dryness of the water reservoir, air might get sucked into your Nespresso machine, which affects the pressure inside your coffee machine and restricts you from getting the full experience of the Nespresso coffee maker. To solve this, you need to fill the water reservoir with water, replace the earlier sued pod from the cradle and close its capsule lever. Now, you need to place a cup under the spout and push the long pour button without a pod. Furthermore, as hot water will pour into the cup, it will force the air pockets out of the machine.
If you are getting relatively less amount of coffee than you previously used to get, then there can be chances that you might have re-programmed the pour volume accidentally. Usually, this happens when you have pushed the button to start and then again tap on it to stop before the completion of the pre-programmed pour. This can easily be done through a factory reset.
Expert Solutions to Fix the Nespresso Not Pumping Water Issue
Before you jump on to a solution, you should, at first, check some simple things in your Nespresso coffee machine. Verify whether there is sufficient water in the water container or reservoir of the coffee machine, if the water container or reservoir is correctly seated on its base and if the Nespresso coffee machine is plugged in and turned on.
After that, check these areas and apply the given solutions:
• Check that the main water supply is turned on
• Ensure that the water filter is not blocked
• Clean the dirt in the water supply which is jamming the valve and not allowing the water to enter into the machine
• You need to descale solution into the boiler
• Solve the problems related to the pumps and pump heads
• Take care of the electro-valve and clean it so that it can open properly
• Clean all the parts that are coming into contact with a degreaser
After following these steps, if you still find the Nespresso Vertuoline not pumping water, then go through these steps to prime the water pump and get water into it:
• At first, turn on your Nespresso pod coffee machine, and raise the top lever vertically
• Then, for once, press the Lungo or Espresso button. After pressing this button, you will hear the sound of the motor or pump in the machine
• Now, put the top lever back a bit further beyond the vertical; it will go about half an inch
• After a second, you will get to see and hear that the water starts to flow through the Nespresso machine
• Finally, you need to close the top lever back down to its normal position.
In case the issue remains unresolved, get in touch with an expert technician for effective Nespresso repair.
Some of the very frequently asked questions:
- How to reset my Nespresso machine back to factory settings?
For resetting your Nespresso machine to factory settings, you need to turn off the power button of the machine. Then, while the machine is turned off, you need to hold the Lungo button for 5 seconds. You will notice that the buttons will now flash rapidly three times and then your Nespresso machine will be restored back to the factory settings.
- How to descale my Nespresso machine?
In order to descale your Nespresso machine, you should remove the capsules and the capsule container. Then, put it in a water container with fresh warm water. After that, mix a sachet of descaling solution and turn on the machine. It is advised to put a container which can hold a liter of water under the coffee outlet.
3. How often should you clean your Nespresso machine?
Nespresso strongly recommends descaling your machine after every three months. But if you want that your machine never fails to produce the best flavor and it always runs smoothly, then it is recommended that you descale it after every 300 brews.
- Can vinegar be used for descaling the Nespresso machine?
Yes, vinegar can be used for descaling the Nespresso machine, but you must ensure that you need to fill the container with 2 parts of water and 1 part of white vinegar