- Posted by Haroun Arif
- On January 19, 2020
Microsoft Outlook is a widely popular email client nowadays which is used by millions of users for getting connected with the outside world. This email client is so much in demand because it is inclusive of such efficient tools which makes the day to day work easier. But like all other applications, it adopts the idea of responding through error messages when there occurs any problem in it while sending or receiving emails. With these error messages, it informs the users that any incorrect action has taken place which needs to be resolved immediately.
List of common Outlook Send-Receive Errors:
Below is a list of the common Outlook send receive error 0x800ccc0f:
- Outlook Send Error- “The operation failed. An object could not be found” – This error is triggered due to the following reasons:
- When you are trying to access emails from Outlook and the Outlook is unable to access its underlying data files i.e. OST or PST
- If your Outlook profile is corrupted or damaged
- If any of your Outlook PST data files are erased or moved during usage of Outlook in Workgroup or Corporate modes
- The automatic outgoing SMTP settings are not correctly picked up.
- Outlook sending a reported error(error code 0x800CCC80) – “None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server”– This error occurs when there is something wrong in the settings of your outgoing mail server and it prevents the users from sending emails via Outlook.
- Outlook error code 8- “Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server”– This error pops up when Microsoft Outlook fails to connect to the server due to outdated Windows root certificates or when you are not using a self-signed certificate.
- Send/Receive Reported error: (error code 8004010F)- “Outlook data file cannot be accessed.” -When this error pops up, it restricts the users from sending or receiving emails with attachments. Some reasons due to which this problem occurs are as follows:
- The emails are being saved to the wrong location
- Your Outlook email does not possess enough permission to write to data files
- Incorrect configuration of the Outlook profile
- Outlook Reported Error: (error code 8004210A)- “The operation timed out while waiting for a response from the receiving server”- When it takes too much time to respond to the user query, this error appears. Some other situations when this error occurs are listed below:
- You are sending a really large email attachment
- Sending or receiving large series of emails
- All incoming and outgoing emails are scanned by an anti-virus
- When the connection to the mail server is very slow
- Outlook send and receive job is blocked by a firewall
Easy hacks to resolve Outlook send receive error 0x800ccc0f:
Outlook send receive error 0x800ccc0f is one of the most common errors encountered by the Outlook users. If you get this error, it’s better to rectify the issues and resolve it with the best methods and effective techniques. Listed below are some of the troubleshooting steps which you can follow to fix this issue:
• Check for any internet connectivity issue
Most of the time, the Outlook send receive error occurs because of the internet connectivity issue. So, before sending any emails in Outlook, first, take a look at your internet connection and check whether it is connected or not by opening any website through any of your browsers. If you find that the website is not opening, you should resolve the connectivity issue and at the same time, resume emailing.
• Rectify the Spam settings in your Outlook emails
A major problem with the Outlook emails is that if the email client finds your email to be bulky or identifies it as a spam, it restricts the email from either being sent or received. So, before sending an email, make sure that it does not contain any oversized attachment or if you find any, make sure to remove it and then, try to send the email. If you find that any particular email has not arrived, then at first, check the spam settings of your account. Also, check the Outbox of your email as an email might get stuck anywhere in the middle. You should clean it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Send or Receive tab in your Outlook email and select Work offline
- Then, move on to the Outbox and there, if you find any emails, right-click on it and select the Delete option or opt to move them into Drafts
- Now, go to Send or Receive tab and from there, de-select the option Work Offline
- Again, try to resend the email and check whether the error has been resolved completely.
• Check the settings of Firewall and Antivirus
The seamless flow of outgoing and incoming emails can be obstructed by the firewall and anti-virus programs. Thus, you can solve this issue by disabling the firewall and antivirus option for some time and then again try to send or receive. Once your emails get sent or received and your mailbox becomes updated, you can enable both of these options.
- Verify and correct the Outlook email account settings
- Sometimes, the Outlook send receive error 0x8004010f occurs due to improperly configured email account settings. You can follow these steps to correct these settings:
- Go to File and then, choose sequentially Account Settings> Change> More Settings> Outlook Server tab
- You will find a box “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication“, check the box next to it
- Now, choose the button “Log onto an incoming server before sending mail”
• Repair Outlook Application by disabling Add-ins
Add-ins in Outlook are meant for enhancing the functionality of the applications but sometimes, it can be the source of the troubles. If you want to disable it, you need to launch Outlook in safe mode from the Windows Run dialog. After that, try sending and receiving emails again. If it works, then your issue gets solved. But in case the error persists, repair the installation of Outlook by following the given procedures:
- Open Control Panel and select the option Uninstall Programs
- In the list of installed programs, find Outlook
- Now, right-click on it and select Repair
- After that, follow the instructions which appear in the wizard.
• Fix PST with ScanPST.exe and with third-party software
If the Outlook send receive error occurs due to faulty Outlook PST, you are required to repair it by launching Microsoft’s inbuilt Inbox Repair Utility, ScanPST.exe on your system. If this repair utility is unable to repair it properly, the only option which remains is that you have to rely on third-party PST repair tools for repairing the damaged PST files accurately.
Hope that by performing the above steps, you can efficiently fix the error 0x8004010f Outlook 2016, which is encountered by many Outlook users frequently. But if you still did not get rid of this issue, then call the experts for fixing this error as well as numerous other errors associated with Outlook. With years of experience, it will be pretty easy for the professionals to resolve such errors in no time.