- Posted by Haroun Arif
- On December 24, 2018
A hard drive is one of the most important mechanical parts that is used in a computer or laptop. Whenever anything is read or written from the disk, the mechanical arm that is located in the hard drive moves. This is the reason why it is prone to errors. Not only this, the errors that occur here vary in severity and are caused due to a number of reasons. Fox example, frequent power cuts, hardware faults, and interrupted data often cause hard disk error. When your hard drive fails, it can result in the deletion or loss of data that were stored in the drive. Therefore, keeping a backup is mandatory.
In order to remove this error, at first, you have to analyze the exact cause of the error and then eliminate the same with the most appropriate solutions. So, if you are looking for ways on how to fix hard disk error, take help from this article. Here, we are going to mention all the probable steps and methods that will make your task easier. Check our Trusted Monster Service Center.
Probable Reasons and Symptoms of Hard Disk Error
There are many reasons that can cause hard drive issues or failure. You just have to be aware of the reasons and symptoms. Therefore, go through the following causes and symptoms that will help you out in fixing any hard disk errors.
- The hard disk cannot be detected and recognized at all
- The system is unable to boot or stops in the middle of the booting process
- Fans are moving too slow or not moving at all
- Unusual sounds are coming from the system hardware
- The laptop is getting heated soon after turning it on
- The hard drive is unable to spin up
- Sudden startup failure
- Files and folders become invisible and corrupt
- The system freezes completely
- Black screen appears after the booting process
- Human errors
The above signs will help you to identify that a problem with your hard drive has occured. Now, the reasons that cause these errors are endless. For example, improper ventilation or faults in the CPU fans lead to this error; if the power supply is too high or low; virus attack, bad sectors, and blocks in a hard disk are also equally responsible. Once you have identified the exact cause, try the methods that are given below to fix the errors.
How To Fix Damaged Hard Drive?
If you are not a tech-savvy person, it is quite obvious that you will not be able to resolve the problem on your own. Hence, trying the simple methods that are given below will guide you in the best way possible. Please follow the instructions that are given below:
Method 1: Use Chkdsk To Fix Hard Disk Error
- After double-clicking on the My Computer icon which is located on the desktop, click on your hard disk once.
- Soon, a dialog box appears after you have right-clicked on the hard disk.
- Select the Tools option in the dialog box that appears, and then select the Properties option
- Now, below Error-checking, press ‘Check Now’.
- A window will appear displaying the Check Disk Options.
- After you are done with the above steps, utilize any one of the processes that are stated below:
- If you want Chkdsk to be executed in read-only mode, press ‘Start’
- If you don’t want to scan the hard disk for bad sectors, after check marking the ‘Automatically fix file system errors’ option, press ‘Start’.
- If you want to find and recover information from bad sectors along with fixing hard disk errors, press ‘Start’ after checking the ‘Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors’ option
Method 2: Recover The Data From Hard Disk
- You have to select “Deleted Files Recovery” mode to get started in order to recover data from hard disk.
- Select the location from where your files were lost.
- Recoverit will start a quick scan.
- In case you are unable to find your files after a quick scan with “All-around Recovery”, you can select the options of the deep scan.
- It will search for more files which will take a little more time.
- Preview the recovered data from the hard disk and save the changes.
The above-stated methods will effectively help you to rectify the hardware issues and make your hard drive run successfully. But in case you are still unable to fix the hardware issues, it is wise to look for a professional who can guide you with the best tips and hard drive data recovery.
Most Frequently Asked Questions:
- What happens when a hard drive fails?
At times, a physical or hardware failure or a logical or software failure in the drive causes this error. In this situation, to recover the data in case of a hard drive crash, the Disk Doctors have a solution that you can opt for.
- What could cause a hard drive to fail?
Due to a fault in the electric motor or the drive itself and the moving parts, the physical failure occurs. A major head crash can be caused by your computer being dropped or jostled while it’s running. From corruption in the file system, Logical failures occur.
- Can HDD be repaired?
Windows is able to repair the soft bad sector because it is almost always related to a software mishap in most of the cases. Formatting the drive is the most possible fix to this issue. But, in case of a hard bad sector, which is an indication of physical damage, it cannot be repaired easily.
- What are the symptoms of a hard disk failure?
- Frequent but irregular crashes, especially while booting up Windows
- Frequent and cryptic error messages while performing typical activities like moving files.
- Folder and file names get scrambled and changed.
- Disappearing files and folders.
- Can a hard drive overheat?
When overheated, a hard drive can sustain serious damages. Therefore, it is essential to turn off your computer whenever you notice excessive heat. Also, ensure that the hard drive has adequate ventilation and verify whether there are functional cooling mechanisms in your computer. When a hard drive feels warm when you touch it, never attempt to boot. Also recommends MacBook Repair Service Center.