- Posted by admin
- On January 17, 2019
There is a number of users who prefer using the Dark Mode on their device. But there are some users who are unaware of the process on how to use Dark Mode on Mac. While some of the devices use the simple F1 key technique to turn on the Dark Mode, Mac requires some special methods to switch to the Night or Dark Mode.
Therefore, in this article, we have come along with some of the simple steps that will help you to turn on the Dark Mode in your Mac device. Besides, we have put together the description of Dark Mode in this article as well. So, we recommend you to have a look right below.
What is Dark Mode?
The Dark Mode is an additional characteristic that you get in your Mac device and other devices as well. The Dark Mode present in macOS Mojave is of much significance. Through this Dark Mode, you can switch between the various, darker interfaces that help you to adjust everything on the screen. With the Dark Mode, you can turn the background of your applications into black color. There, you can find a blend of black and grey colors appearing on the screen after turning the Dark Mode on. Besides, the Finder along with the new interface will also alter their color and become black.
How to use Dark Mode on macOS Mojave
All the Mojave users can switch to the Dark Mode during the initial setup of the Mac device. When you first install Mojave, you get the option to turn on the Dark Mode. Moreover, you can also follow these steps to switch to the Night Mode or the Drak Mode on your Mac device.
- To start with, you need to open the System Preferences.
- Then, you can select the General option.
- After that, you have to click on the Dark option to go to the Dark Mode.
How to Use Dark Wallpaper in Mojave?
For the Apple device users, there is a lot of useful features like the Dynamic Desktop. This unique feature allows you to set up a background wallpaper that changes according to the time. As time passes, you can see the wallpaper of your Mac changing to Dark.
Moreover, if you want to use the Dark Mode only, then you need to follow some steps. You can find them all right below.
- First, you need to select the Dark Mojave desktop first.
- Next, you can click on the System Preferences.
- After that, you will require to choose the Mojave wallpaper. Here, you can find it in the Dynamic in a drop-down menu.
- Now, you can tap on this and switch to the Dark Mode.
How to Get Dark Mode in Safari?
This is another method on how to use Dark Mode on Mac. You can change the normal background to the Dark Mode in your Safari software as well. The background of your device is usually set to the normal white background, and the pages you get to see appears with the same white display. Moreover, you can follow some simple steps to alter your Safari background and make it Dark. You can turn on the Reader Mode in your Safari to enable the Dark Mode in your device. But, this option is limited to some devices only and you might not get it in your device.
How to Get Dark Mode in Pages?
Also, you can get the Dark Mode for your web pages as well. In most of the cases, you may find that the pages appear with the Dark Mode but with using the white type. So, you can find difficulties while designing a template which requires the Dark background. Moreover, there are some other options as well which you can use to turn your Mac into the Dark Mode.
Other Options to Switch to the Dark Mode
So, if nothing works well for you, there are other options available that you can follow to use the Dark Mode. Have a look at the following;
This is one of the easiest ways to convert your Mac device’s normal background to the Dark Mode. Besides, you can design a Dark Mode of your own preference using the Inverted Colours. For that, you can follow the instructions right below.
- To begin with, you need to go to the System Preferences.
- Next, you need to select the Accessibility tab.
- After that, you have to select the Display option.
- Now, select your preferred Invert Colours.
- In the same way, you can select the Use Grayscale option appearing on the screen and switch to the Dark Mode.
This is another simple way by which you can turn on the Dark Mode in your Mac device.
- Go to the System Preferences.
- Then, you can move to the General section.
- After that, you will require to select the drop-down box. You can find it beside the Appearance option.
In this method, you also get the option to alter the background color from Blue to Graphite. Also, you can find the changes in the color of your buttons, menus as well as the windows. Apart from that, you will be able to encounter a change with the ‘traffic light’ buttons that you use to minimize or close a window.
How to Turn on Dark Mode on a Mac (Pre-Mojave)?
In macOS Sierra, you can find the Night Mode feature coming as a default option. The Night Mode in MacOS Sierra allows the users to adjust the color of the display according to the day and night time. So, to enable the Night Mode in your device, you can follow the instructions right below.
- To begin with, you need to go to the System Preferences.
- Then, you can move to the Display. Here, you will find the Night Mode option.
- Now, locate the Schedule section and then, select the Sunrise to Sunset option.
- Also, you can select the custom option to set your preferred timing.
- After that, you can modify the color manually.
How to Turn on Dark Menu Bar and Dock (Pre-Mojave)?
You can enable the Dark Menu bar in your macOS El Capitan as well. For that, you can find the instructions right below.
- First, you need to go to the System Preferences.
- Then, move to the General tab.
- Next, you will require to select the Use dark menu bar and Dock option.
- Also, make sure that you remove the tick from the Use Dark Menu Bar and Dock. This will take you back to the normal mode.
Also, as soon as you turn on the Night Mode in your macOS El Capitan, you can find a slightly different interface. Moreover, there is no big difference in the whole interface, and you can find the change only in the menu bar.
Different Aspects of the Dark Mode
- The very first thing that you have to consider is the Dock. Here, you can see a considerable change in the pale translucent background. Besides, you can make it as darker as you like. Also, it continues to be translucent and when you move windows behind, you can see a little light.
- The next thing is the Menu bar. Here, you can find the drop-down menus across macOS appearing darker. Also, you can notice the lightness as well.
- Apart from that, the Application support is another thing you should have a look upon. There is a limitation in the support for ‘dark menu bar’. You can only have access to it when you own Apple’s apps in your device. The third-party applications won’t be able to get the see-through effect in your device.
- Also, there are some specific parts of the macOS device where you can not see the Dark Mode option. And Safari is a good instance for this see-through availability.
Therefore, these are some of the easiest methods on how to use Dark Mode on Mac. We recommend you to go through all these methods to enable the Night Mode in your Mac device with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How do you use Dark Mode?
To enable the Dark Mode for email messages in your device, you need to go to the Mail and select your preferred Mail. Then, you can move to the Preferences and there, you can find the Dark Mode. Turn it on and you are done.
2) How do I make my Mac theme black?
To get the black theme in your Mac device, you need to go to the System Preferences. You can find the option in the Applications folder. Next, go to the General section. Here, in the top of the left side, you can see the Preferences pane. Now, select the box beside the “Use dark menu bar and Dock” option.
3) How do I turn off Dark Mode on Mac?
To enable the Dark Mode on Mac, you need to open the System Preferences. Next, click on the General option. Now, under the appearance option, you need to click on the Dark option to enable the Dark Mode in your Mac device.
4) How do I turn my computer on Night Mode?
To begin with, you need to go to the Start Menu. Then, you can move to the Settings. Next, click on the Menu bar. Now, select the System option. Here, you have to click on the Display option. After that, you can tun on the Night Mode on your computer device. To adjust the light, you can go to the settings and modify it. Also, you can set the option to automatically enable the Night Mode.