- Posted by Haroun Arif
- On February 15, 2020
Digital technology has totally revolutionized our mode of communication. Today, we can communicate with anybody anywhere in the world within a few seconds. Technology has brought us in close proximity to each other with the help of various online chatting platforms.
In the last few years, various online platforms have come up that allows you to connect and chat with friends, relatives, and even strangers. Omegle is one such platform. With this platform, you can chat with random strangers either through text messages or video calls.
Omegle comes with various interesting features and that’s why this has become quite popular nowadays. As of now, Omegle boasts of having 1 million active users each day. However, this platform is not entirely free from technical issues.
‘Omegle error connecting to server’ error is one of the most common issues with this platform. If you are troubled by this issue and want to get rid of it, then look no further, just follow this blog.
Factors that Cause the Omegle Error Connecting to Server Issue:
Before you proceed to learn how to resolve this issue, you know about the factors that lead to this error. Having basic knowledge about the reasons behind a particular issue will help to understand the problem better and eliminate it accordingly. ‘Omegle error connecting to server’ error occurs due to the following reasons:
- Faulty network settings on your device.
- Accumulation of cookies and cached data that might interfere with the normal functioning of Omegle and other applications.
- Weak or unstable network connection
- Some defects or issues with the Omegle service provider
- Error connecting to server Omegle issue can also happen when the website is undergoing some sort of maintenance.
- Alternatively, you can face this issue if you have been banned from the platform due to a violation of some agreements on your part.
Multiple Ways to Fix Omegle Error Connecting to Server Issue:
Whenever you encounter this issue, you will not be able to access your Omegle profile. This can be quite frustrating for you. However, there are several methods using which you can quickly eliminate this error connecting to server Omegle issue.
If you wish to resolve this error, then you can use any one of the following troubleshooting tips mentioned here.
Way 1: Use the ‘flushdns’ Command
One of the main reasons behind the “error connecting to server Omegle” issue is some irregularity in the DNS settings. You can smoothly fix this error with the help of the ‘flushdns’ command. Here’s what you should do:
At first, reach the ‘Start’ menu and then open the Command Prompt option. Don’t forget to open the Command Prompt along with the Administrative Privileges. Alternatively, to open the Command Prompt, press the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘R’ key. Then type ‘cmd’ in the search bar of the Run dialog box.
When you enter the Command Prompt window, you have to provide the following commands stated here. Hit the Enter button after each command:
Once you provide the commands, wait for some time and let the commands run properly. After the process is complete, restart the device and launch Omegle. Check whether you still encounter this ‘Omegle error connecting to server. Please try again’ message.
Way 2: Make Use of a Virtual Private Network
Another effective way to get rid of the server connection issue with Omegle is to access it with a VPN. This is the easiest and the most effective method to bypass the issue in hand. If you do not want to perform any of the troubleshooting tips, then the best thing is to connect to Omegle via a VPN.
However, before you use a VPN, make sure to consult with your Internet service provider. There are various countries where using VPN is considered an illegal act.
Way 3: Change your Browser
Omegle being an online chat platform requires a compatible web browser. You can often face server connection issues with Omegle in case your browser doesn’t support this site. Google Chrome is considered as the best browser for this site.
However, if you are facing issues with it, then you can switch to other popular browsers like Microsoft Edge or Firefox. In case, you still face this error you can move on to the next solution.
Way 4: Remove Cached Data and Cookies
Sometimes, accumulated cookies and cached data can interfere with the functioning of the web browser. You can promptly resolve the Omegle error in question by deleting the collected cache and cookies. You can try out this solution with the following steps:
If you use Mozilla Firefox, then follow these steps to delete the cookies and caches of your browser:
- At first, launch the Firefox browser by double-clicking on the icon. Thereafter, look for the library-like icon located in the upper-right corner of the browser screen.
- Now, click on the ‘History’ option and then choose ‘Clear Recent History’. Thereafter, go to the Time range and select the ‘Everything’ option.
- After this, you have to select the type of browsing data that you need to remove. Under the ‘Details’ option, choose the ‘Cookies’ option and click on ‘Clear Now’. Thereafter, delete ‘Cache’ in a similar manner.
- Finally, you have to restart the device and relaunch the Omegle application. Now, check if the issue still exists.
For Chrome, you need to go through these instructions for successfully eliminating the cookies and cached data:
- Launch Google Chrome and then click on the three dots icon. You will find this on the upper-right corner of the browser screen.
- Now, go to the ‘More Tools’ option and then go to the ‘Clear Browsing Data’ option.
- After this, choose the “beginning of time’ under the ‘Time’ section. Thereafter, you need to select the type of browsing data that you wish to get rid of.
- When the process of deletion is over, restart the device and relaunch Omegle. Check if you are still facing the ‘Omegle error connecting to server. Please try again’ issue.
To sum up, the solutions provided in this article are simple and also proven to be quite effective. We hope this blog will be helpful for you in resolving the error in question.